Friday, August 31, 2012

Facebook: Talking to Yourself on a Worldwide Scale


Thank God it's FRIDAY!!! If you will take a second, if you like, and enter your email to follow me. You'll get my blog right to your email when I post. Neat! lol



I am guilty...yes I am!

Today's topic is THE CHURCH OF SOCIAL MEDIA
How we are living our lives out online!

Something I have never figured out about social media is one thing, why make a comment you can't handle other people commenting on? Are you talking to yourself, or hoping maybe a select few will stop what they are doing to comment?Does it boost your self esteem? Honey, if so, you know that people actually still have phones and you can call one and hear their voice. I think people do this now have mainly a chicken sh*t mentally and try to avoid what might really happen if they said this crap out loud. You know to the actual person. Something the rest of us years ago would of never hear about. 

Another thing, (ladies mostly), is talking bad about someone like you are about to kick their....um virtual butt. Now you have to be careful about this nowadays, (yes that's a word...lol) cause people will haul your silly butt to court. Seriously, don't threaten people on the Internet. Honestly, it only makes you look and sound really silly. 

Wannabes: There are legit "celebrities" then there are people famous for social media. Of course, I'm not going to name any, but I know some folks that document their every five minutes. I am really shocked the throne is not included more. Lordy, don't let me give anyone ideas. Some of the most simple people are semi famous for posting Youtube videos, etc. Some are really entertaining, some are famous in their own heads, and nothing is going to change that. Hey, I'm not hating on anyone. If if makes you a dollar then you have a reason to holler. Sorry for that Honey Boo Boo line. That redneck crack coming from the talking box dun got in my gourd. 

I honestly don't get Twitter. People twitting or tweeting each other. Talking to celebrities like they are gonna talk back or something. We talk to each other, but honestly that can be done via the phone or Facebook. Is it starting to be a new religion? Think about this for a sec. How many of you have spend more time on it than reading your holy book. Mine being a Bible, but people are so "touchy". God bless us all. Have you spend half that time going to your temple/church, or helping others. I think if we did there wouldn't be a whole lot of problems. 

I love social media, apps, and all that. I am now downing it at all. I just missed the person to person interaction and the phone calls. Stuff we had to do before we just talked online. You remember when people use to mail photos, or we shared them at family functions? Now, all you have to do is look online, print them, and comment on them....but you weren't there, and you didn't really get those memories. 

Social media is really a blessing, but let's all not forget the physical world and it's blessings. Like butterflies. I actually followed one around the yard the other day taking photos of it. You know I used to love photography. I then uploaded it to all my social sites, and went back in to get back on the computer. Just think if I stayed out there just thirty more minutes......Be Blessed!



Pretty please with a cherry on top take a few moments and tell me what you think about today's post. Good or bad, I can take. I wore my big girl panties today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment